Shield Roll Technology Patent
PCT is proud to announce that US Patent 8,106,369 has been issued for a new advancement in Electron Beam (EB) processing equipment - Integrated Shield Roll technology. This technology utilizes an innovative roll design that supports the web while simultaneously serving as a functional part of the EB system’s shielding. Combining these functions greatly simplifies the machine design and eliminates the need for a separate enclosure around the roll.
The advantages of this design include:
- precise web handling and presentation of the substrate to the electron beam,
- precise temperature control during the curing or cross-linking process,
- compact machine footprint compatible with low web pass heights,
- simplified cleaning and maintenance,
- reduced nitrogen interting costs, and
- enhanced process integration by the addition of nips, coating heads, or casting directly on the exposed roll surface.
This technology is currently being deployed over the full range of PCT’s BroadBeam EB product line.
BroadBeam Service Bulletins
In our continuing efforts to keep our valued customers informed of the best ways to keep their BroadBeam systems running reliably, PCT’s Parts & Service Manager, Randy Lowther is now sending out Service Bulletins. If you would like to be added to the distribution list for these notices please contact Randy firstname.lastname@example.org.
(back to top)
RadTech UV & EB 2012 Technology Expo & Conference
PCT will be an active participant in this year’s RadTech UV & EB Expo & Conference. In addition to a booth our team will also be presenting several new developments in EB technology. Please plan to join us in Chicago.
We are very excited to be exhibiting for the first time at the world’s largest printing industry exhibition – drupa 2012. PCT will be present in Hall 15, Stand A03-2 as part of the U.S. Pavilion. If you are planning to attend, PCT can provide a ticket voucher code. Please contact Karl Swanson, KESwanson@TeamPCT.com for more information.